Auction Terms & Conditions Payment and Removal:
All accounts are to be settled within 5 days past the end of sale. Preferred methods of payment include: US dollar by cash, money order, cashier's check, wire transfer, Visa & MasterCard payments are accepted but will incur a 4% processing fee. Only amounts under $1,000.00 can be accepted over the phone when using Visa or MasterCard, larger amounts can only be accepted in person with a physical swipe of the credit card. Check payments are accepted with all merchandise being held for an additional 10 days to insure check payment properly clears. Quinn's Auction Galleries-Central Virginia reserves the right to hold all merchandise paid for by check until such check has cleared and receipt of funds is verified. There will be a $100.00 fee on all returned checks. Please contact Quinn's Auction Galleries-Central Virginia for domestic & international wire transfer information. The buyer is responsible for any and all fees associated with wire transfers.
Removal Date of auction items - 5 business days past auction date.
1. Condition of Goods: In publishing this catalogue, Quinn's Auction Galleries-Central Virginia endeavors to accurately describe all items being sold but all property being offered is sold as is. It is advisable that bidders personally inspect items. No statement in this catalogue, bill of sale, invoice, or any representative or employee of Quinn's Auction Galleries-Central Virginia shall warranty, represent, or assume liability with respect to age, condition, size, quality, variety, importance, provenance, or historical relevance of any of these items. Please note that catalogue photographs may have had size modifications for display purposes, or been trimmed to exclude framing, matting, and wide blank margins. Variations in color may occur due to digital processing. Quinn's Auction Galleries-Central Virginia retains all rights to copyright and other intellectual property contained in this catalogue.
2. Disputes: The Auctioneer will be the final judge as to who is the successful bidder. In the event of any dispute, the Auctioneer shall, at his discretion, decide whether or not to reopen the bidding.
3. Title to Goods: Title to all merchandise shall pass to the successful bidder at the fall of the Auctioneers hammer. The purchaser shall assume full responsibility for the lot purchased once title has passed.
4. Removal of Goods: Purchased items must be picked up or arrangements made for shipping within 5 business days of the auction. A fee of $5 per business day per lot will be charged for items not removed within 5 business days of the auction.
5. Shipping: Quinn's Auction Galleries- Central Virginia does not have a shipping department. We have compiled a list of shippers in our area and can email or fax the list to you. Feel free to contact them directly to obtain quotes for the packaging and delivery of your items, or make your own arrangements. Purchases will be released to the shipper when they are paid in full (by credit card approval or when checks clear the bank) to Qinn's Auction Galleries-Central Virginia. Payment for shipping is due directly to the shipper. Please notify us of the shipper.
6. Payment Terms: All accounts are to be settled within 5 days past the end of sale. Preferred methods of payment include: US dollar by cash, money order, cashier's check, wire transfer, Visa & MasterCard payments are accepted but will incur a 4% processing fee. Only amounts under $1,000.00 can be accepted over the phone when using Visa or MasterCard, larger amounts can only be accepted in person with a physical swipe of the credit card. Check payments are accepted with all merchandise being held for an additional 10 days to insure check payment properly clears. Quinn & Farmer Auctions reserves the right to hold all merchandise paid for by check until such check has cleared and receipt of funds is verified. There will be a $100.00 fee on all returned checks. Please contact Quinn's Auction Galleries-Central Virginia for domestic & international wire transfer information. The buyer is responsible for any and all fees associated with wire transfers.
7. Sales Tax: Pursuant to the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, all sales, including buyer's premiums, are subject to 5.3% sales tax. You may present a valid resale license and complete the necessary Virginia certificate for Sales Tax Exemption (available from Quinn's Auction Galleries-Central Virginia). Lots shipped out of state are not subject to VA State Sales Tax.
8. Buyer's Premium: Treasure Auction 20% buyer's premium for live internet bidders, 15% in house premium. Specialty & Gallery Auction 25% buyer's premium for live internet bidders, 20% in house premium. There is a 4% convenience fee for all payments made by credit/debit Visa or MasterCard.
9. Gun Sales: All laws governing the sale of Firearms will be strictly enforced. Firearms requiring registration will only be released to approved Virginia residents or Federal Firearms License holders. Out- of-state bidders will need to make arrangements with their local FFL holder for transfer.
10. Errors: Quinn's Auction Galleries-Central Virginia is not responsible for any typographical errors or omission in this catalogue. Quinn's Auction Galleries-Central Virginia reserves the right to withdraw any property before the sale.
11. Exhibition: Our staff is present to answer questions and offer help with the auction process. Preview times: Monday - Friday, 10am - 5pm, and one hour prior to the sale.
12. Absentee/Telephone/Internet Bidding: As a service to our customers, Quinn's Auction Galleries-Central Virginia will execute absentee bids if so authorized in writing under the provisions herein specified. The Absentee Bid Form provided in each catalogue should be clearly and completely filled out and accompanied by a valid credit card. All absentee bids will be executed competitively during the sale; items will be purchased for the lowest price possible. Quinn's Auction Galleries-Central Virginia cannot accept buy bids. In the event of tie bids between absentee bidders and those in attendance, preference will be given to the attending bidder. If there are two absentee bidders that bid the same amount, the first received will be honored. Telephone bidders also should submit a completed absentee bid form. Upon receipt of a properly executed bid form, we will make arrangements to call you just prior to your lot(s) of interest being offered. Please note that we will have limited time to try calling you once. Make sure that the phone number you have given us is correct and that your line will be open during the auction. Successful buyers will be notified within three (3) days of the sale. All bids should start at 50% of the low estimates. Quinn's Auction Galleries-Central Virginia will not be responsible for any errors or failures to properly execute absentee or telephone bids. Absentee and phone bids will not be guaranteed after 12pm the Friday before the sale, and will not be accepted within two hours of the start of sale.
13. Agreement to Terms: In bidding on any lot here offered, the bidder indicates acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Sale. The title of each lot passes when the auctioneer says, Sold. Thereafter, any loss by fire, theft, breakage, or any other cause is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. Merchandise must be packed and transported at the purchasers own risk and expense. If any employee or agent of Quinn's Auction Galleries-Central Virginia shall pack or transport the merchandise, it is fully at the risk, responsibility and expense of the purchaser and Quinn's Auction Galleries-Central Virginia shall not be liable for any loss or damage that may be caused by such employee or agent.
14. Bidder Responsibility: The bidder is responsible for knowing on which item(s) he or she is bidding. If unsure, the bidder should inquire, or not bid. When becoming the winning bidder at auction, you have effected a contract and will be expected to pay for items in which you were evidenced to be the successful bidder. No sales will be voided and no items will be offered for resale.
15. Acceptance of Bids: The Auctioneer reserves the right to accept or reject bids in any increment. POOLS: Pools are illegal associations of dealers or collectors formed with the purpose of keeping down auction prices for the benefits of its members. They are not permitted at our auctions. Bid increments shall be as follows:
$10001 + $1000
16. Check Out: If a checkout area is set up for small items, they will be released upon full payment and a paid receipt. Large items may be removed from the Gallery once a paid receipt is shown to a staff member at the door. If a checkout area is not set up, small items will be given to winning bidders and larger items will be placed in a convenient area.
17. Announcements: All announcements from the auction block will take precedence over any printed matter with the exception of condition, as previously outlined in paragraph 1. For any questions, please contact us at: Quinn's Auction Galleries-Central Virginia 8845 US Route 250, Troy, VA. 23093 (434) 293-2904; fax# 888-728-6102; firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone inquiries may be made between 10am-5pm M-F Eastern Time.
18. Sale Results: Results may be posted on our website by the next business day.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms