Auction Terms & Conditions Catalogue Terms & Conditions
1. Condition of Goods: In publishing this catalogue, we endeavor to accurately describe all items being sold but all property being offered is sold as is. It is advisable that bidders personally inspect items. No statement in this catalogue, bill of sale, invoice, or any representative or employee shall warranty, represent, or assume liability with respect to age, condition, size, quality, variety, importance, provenance, or historical relevance of any of these items. Please note that catalogue photographs may have had size modifications for display purposes, or been trimmed to exclude framing, matting, and wide blank margins. Variations in color may occur due to digital processing. We retain all rights to copyright and other intellectual property contained in this catalogue.
2. Disputes: The auctioneer will be the final judge as to who is the successful bidder. In the event of any dispute, the auctioneer shall, at his discretion, decide whether or not to reopen the bidding.
3. Title to Goods: Title to all merchandise shall pass to the successful bidder at the fall of the auctioneer's hammer. The purchaser shall assume full responsibility for the lot purchased once title has passed.
4. Removal of Goods: Purchased items must be picked up or arrangements made for shipping within five business days of the auction. If after five business days the items are still in the building and/or we have not been notified of shipping arrangements, a fee of $5 per business day per lot will be assessed. Items remaining beyond a thirty-day period will be considered abandoned and reoffered for auction.
5. Shipping: We do not have a shipping department. We have compiled a list of shippers in our area and can email or fax the list to you. Feel free to contact them directly to obtain quotes for the packaging and delivery of your items, or make your own arrangements. Purchases will be released to the shipper when they are paid in full (by credit card approval or when checks clear the bank) . Payment for shipping is due directly to the shipper. Please notify us of the shipper.
6. Payment Terms: All accounts are to be settled within five business days of the end of the sale, with payment in United States dollars by cash, money order, travelers' check, Visa, MasterCard, or Virginia personal check. Credit/Debit cards are only accepted for amounts up to $1000. There will be a 4% processing fee for all Visa/Mastercard purchases. All higher amounts will need to be approved. Only personal checks from the state of Virginia will be accepted. All merchandise will be held for ten days until checks are cleared. All others using checks must obtain prior approval. Approval will be granted upon presentation of a letter of guarantee from an officer of your bank on original stationery. This letter should state an exact amount of funds guaranteed and should be presented to the cashier at time of registration. We reserve the right to hold all merchandise paid for by check until such check has cleared and receipt of funds is verified. There will be a $25 fee on all returned checks. We reserve the right to charge an additional 2% handling fee if bidders have not paid within fifteen days of the auction date. Please contact the gallery for wire transfer instructions. The buyer is responsible for any and all fees associated with wire transfers.
7. Sales Tax: Pursuant to the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, all sales, including buyers premiums, are subject to 5.3% sales tax. You may present a valid resale license and complete the necessary Virginia certificate for Sales Tax Exemption. Lots shipped out of state are not subject to Virginia state sales tax.
8. Buyers Premium: 20% buyers premium for in-house bidders. 25% buyers premium for internet bidders. There is a 4% convenience fee for all payments made by credit card.
9. Gun Sales: All laws governing the sale of firearms will be strictly enforced. Firearms requiring registration will only be released to approved Virginia residents or Federal Firearms License (FFL) holders. Out-of-state bidders will need to make arrangements with their local FFL holder for transfer.
10. Errors: We are not responsible for any typographical errors or omission in this catalogue. We reserve the right to withdraw any property before the sale.
11. Exhibition: Our staff is present to answer questions and offer help with the auction process. Preview times: Monday - Friday: 10am - 5pm, by appointment only Saturday 10am - 12pm, and one hour prior to the sale.
12. Absentee/Telephone/Internet Bidding: As a service to our customers, we will execute absentee bids if so authorized in writing under the provisions herein specified. The Absentee Bid Form provided in each catalogue should be clearly and completely filled out and accompanied by a valid credit card. All absentee bids will be executed competitively during the sale; items will be purchased for the lowest price possible. We cannot accept buy bids. In the event of tie bids between absentee bidders and those in attendance, preference will be given to the attending bidder. If there are two absentee bidders that bid the same amount, the first received will be honored. Telephone bidders also should submit a completed absentee bid form. Upon receipt of a properly executed bid form, we will make arrangements to call you just prior to your lot(s) of interest being offered. Please note that we will have limited time to try calling you once. Make sure that the phone number you have given us is correct and that your line will be open during the auction. Successful buyers will be notified within three days of the sale. All bids should start at 50% of the low estimate. We will not be responsible for any errors or failures to properly execute absentee or telephone bids. Absentee and phone bids will not be guaranteed after 12pm the Friday before the sale, and will not be accepted within two hours of the start of sale.
13. Agreement to Terms: In bidding on any lot here offered, the bidder indicates acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Sale. The title of each lot passes when the auctioneer says "sold". Thereafter, any loss by fire, theft, breakage, or any other cause is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. Merchandise must be packed and transported at the purchaser's own risk and expense. If any employee shall pack or transport the merchandise, it is fully at the risk, responsibility and expense of the purchaser and we shall not be liable for any loss or damage that may be caused by such employee or agent.
14. Bidder Responsibility: The bidder is responsible for knowing on which item(s) he or she is bidding. If unsure, the bidder should inquire or not bid. The winning bidder at auction has effected a contract and will be expected to pay for items in which you were evidenced to be the successful bidder. No sales will be voided and no items will be offered for resale.
15. Acceptance of Bids: The Auctioneer reserves the right to accept or reject bids in any increment. POOLS: Pools are illegal associations of dealers or collectors formed with the purpose of keeping down auction prices for the benefit of its members. They are not permitted at our auctions.
Bid increments shall be as follows:
$0 - $100: $5
$101 - $300: $10
$301 - $500: $25
$501 - $1000: $50
$1001 - $3000: $100
$3001 - $5000: $250
$5001 - $10,000: $500
$10,001 - $30,000: $1000
$30,001 - $50,000: $2500
$50,001 + : $5000
16. Check Out: If a checkout area is set up for small items, they will be released upon full payment and a paid receipt. Large items may be removed from the gallery once a paid receipt is shown to a staff member at the door. If a checkout area is not set up, small items will be given to winning bidders and larger items will be placed in a convenient area.
17. Announcements: All announcements from the auction block will take precedence over any printed matter with the exception of condition, as previously outlined in paragraph 1. For any questions, please contact us at: 8845 Three Notch Road, Louisa, VA 23093 | Phone:(434) 293-2904 | Fax: (888) 728-6102 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone inquiries may be made between 10am-5pm EST.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms